Greetings my fellow parrotheads!
I want to THANK everyone who came out to the meeting last night. We had a great showing and a good meeting. Here is the recap for those of you who couldn't make it...
- Casino Night will be held at The Ramada Inn/Key West Bar & Grill on Sat, 2-22-03. There will be a discount rate of $79 for the night for a room. John Snyder is in charge of this event. Please let him know if you'd like to help or have anything to contribute to the auction.
- The annual golf tournament will benefit the American Cancer Society and will be held 4-21-03 (Mon) at Rolling Road Golf Course. The cost is $130 per golfer and it will be a GREAT time as usual. Please email me if you want more info or want to volunteer.
PS: WE NEED TEE and GREEN SPONSORS!!!
- The APHC Christmas party will be held on Sunday, Dec 8th at 4PM at COCONUTS (THANKS Sam & MJ!!!). There will be a $10 cover at the door to cover food costs, band costs etc. Any leftover monies will go to our adopt-a-family charity. This is a CLOSED party. APHC members and their guests only. There will be a gift exchange: bring a wrapped present with a value
of about $20 if you want to participate.
- Our adopt-a-family has been chosen. We are sponsoring a young widow with 4 small girls who need a big pick-me-up this holiday season after recently losing their father in a motorcycle accident. The girls sizes are 12mos, size 2T, size 4 and size 6. Please let me know how you would like to help. You can buy clothes or toys or food for the food basket we're giving them. Or you can give me cash and I'll do the buying. Remember no donation is too small! Please email me in which way you'd like to help so I can keep track of everything that was purchased. PLEASE KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS. I'll need to give them to the mother (Angie) just in case something doesn't fit. Keep in mind gift certificates to grocery stores are also a great idea.
- We're having a happy hour at Key West on Fri, Nov 22nd (tentative date). We're holding a clothing drive and food drive. Their will be a box at Coconuts for the food drop-off (to benefit SPAN-Severna Park Assistance Network) if you can't make the happy hour. The box should be in place in the next week. There will also be a box for Toys-For-Tots at Coconuts (any new, unused, unwrapped toys).
'Tis the season for giving so let me know how you can help!
Close Open Window